Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Time to Slow Down...


Phew! It was a long weekend- not just because of the holiday on Monday! It started with our labor class on Saturday. It was from 9-4:30 at Maine Medical Center. I was really pleased with class, and Russ was too. We really learned a lot, and the teacher made it very entertaining. That evening, we went out to dinner with Russ' mom, Aunt and Uncle and brother. We haven't seen his aunt and uncle since the Myrtle Beach Reunion back in 2005! So it has been a while.
Sunday was my shower. It was huge! There were 43 people there! My family did a great job putting it all together. I felt really rushed though because people wanted to leave early to go watch the football game, so I felt like I couldn 't really acknowledge people the way I wanted to. We got so many things- all fantastic! People really outdid themselves, and we are truly grateful.
On Monday, I went to the doctor- as usual. Carolyn came with me. We saw the best 3-D images yet! The baby's mouth is just precious! I can't wait for everyone else to see and meet the little one! The baby is still doing well and hasn't hit any bumps in the road. Not sure of the weight- they checked that last week.
So- as of today- only 30 days to go! I am interviewing someone else today for a temp position. Please pray that it goes well. I really need to get someone in here ASAP!

3 comments:

Kate Stoddard said...

I'm so glad you liked your class. The nurses in labor and delivery are WONDERFUL. They are so supportive and will help you through everything. I still get a warm fuzzy feeling when I think about them.

I can't wait to see your little one either. He/she is so blessed to have you and Russ as parents. You guys are amazing.

Take a deep breath now and take everything one step at a time. This is the most frustrating time in your pregnancy (at least it was for me). Remember, you can only do what you can do, and someone else just might have to figure out the rest. Do not try to be superwoman (even though you are) and just let the chips fall where they may. Your most important thoughts right now are for your family. Focus on that and everything else will be fine.

Love you kiddo.

cmae said...

It looks like your family shower was absolutely lovely!! Your fam put a lot of work and love into it - you are truly blessed!

cmae said...

AND might I say - you are a gorgeous pregnant woman!