Monday, January 28, 2008

OMG! I am baking a BIG one! :)

So I went for my weekly appointment today. Two weeks ago, the baby was 6 pounds, 1 ounce. Today it weighed in...drumroll please....7 pounds, 15 ounces! I am almost 37 weeks...so hopefully it won't be much longer. The nurse wants me to go two more weeks...understandably so...but I am getting really uncomfy and tired and sore. But baby is healthy and active...and that is what is important!

Oh- and when I stood up after being called in for my appointment---I got a horrific bloody nose and got it all over me! Yuck!

And...my car did weird things to Russ on Saturday---it stopped working---gas gauge went to empty and everything went to manual. He is having it looked at today.

I also learned that I do carry the Strep virus, so I have to go to the hospital earlier than I wanted to so they can administor antibiotics by IV before the baby comes.

And....Steve bought Russ a flatscreen TV for a very early birthday gift...so that was a fun surprise this weekend for him!

1 comment:

Kate Stoddard said...

OMG Denise! Hopefully you've signed up for the good drugs for this little/big one. That's wonderful though, a big healthy baby. What more could you ask for? I've been checking your blog all morning for this update!! I am so excited for you both.