Monday, February 4, 2008

37 Weeks and 5 Days

Went to my appointment this am. Everything is good with the baby. My blood was a little too thin---was told to have a steak and eat more Vitamin C. So I guess I will eat the orange on my desk this afternoon for a snack. I had a steak sub for lunch...yummy. The nurse said that if I were to go into labor this afternoon, they didn't foresee any problems and wouldn't stop the labor.



The swelling in my feet have gone down which is great! I even lost half a pound! I really worked hard on Saturday morning, so my 2-3 hour rest on Saturday afternoono was well deserved and needed. My feet were sort of back to normal after that, and they haven't swelled up since.



Russ is getting very anxious. Every time I have a contraction, he asks, "Do you have any pain in your back?" He is so cute. I tell him, "No, it's just a Braxton Hicks---no real pain and it isn't lasting very long." He gets this look across his face that just says, "Bummer," all over it! He was asking me about who we should call when I go into labor. I don't know what I want. I guess it will all depend on how I feel. For those of you out there who have had babies---what did you do and what do you suggest? All I know is that I want people to meet the baby.

1 comment:

Kate Stoddard said...

We had to call people because it was such a surprise with the preclampsia(?sp). Most people, we did not call until after I had Matthew. We did have a couple of people (the grammies) who did all the calling to keep certain people informed of my progress, but didn't give the word for visitors until the next morning. (remembering that I had him at 7:30 at night) The most important thing to remember is to do what feels comfortable to you. Everyone is different and you won't know how you feel until you are in the situation. I wasn't ready for visitors until the next morning because I was so exhausted. Some people are ready to let the flood gates open right away. You'll know when you're ready.