Monday, February 11, 2008

BABY NEWS with Pictures!

Went for my Monday am appointment today. Baby is looking good. They are not certain of the weight---it gets harder to be accurate as you get closer, and this week the baby weighed less than two weeks ago---which we all know isn't true, but that means the measurement two weeks ago was more off than on. So, they did measure me today...and the baby hasn't budged! But---it will be budging soon, because next Wednesday is my due date and they do not want me going too far off my due date.

I am scheduled for an induction on Thursday the 21st at 6pm. That means if the baby is born after midnight, which I am assuming what will happen---then the baby will be born on the anniversary of my dad's death- which I think is great because it is that whole philosophy that out of death comes life. Who knows- the baby might come before that (which would be great) but if not, at least I can have that date and feel more like myself---living by a schedule. :)

The reason for the induction is that they do not want me going much past my due date due to my anti-S Antigen. They just feel there is a greater risk to the baby if we wait. They would have induced me this week but I was not even 1cm dilated, and if you are not dilated at all when they start to induce you, you are at a much higher risk for a C-Section, and they do not want to do a C-Section unless they absolutely have to. Amen to that!

That is the news. We got a great 3D of the baby today...once we scan that, we will post!

2/12/08 - Ok, here are the pics!!!!


2 comments:

J.P. Sunshine said...

I came across your blog site while browsing fellow real estate bloggers! I voted "boy" (though I absolutely LOVE monkeys).
Best wishes to you and yours!
~ Jamie

cmae said...

Denise, I have a message for Baby - would you pass it on?

"Knock knock! Hello in there! Baby? Is that your name? (LOL! Okay, I'm just kidding.) This is your godmother! It's time for you to come out and join your family! I know it's warm and snuggly in there but it'll be warm and snuggly out here sometimes too! Time to get moving! Up and at 'em, Atom Ant!"