Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Maternity Clothes and Baby Registries

Okay---so I did buy underwear---NEVER get it from WalMart. I was in a rush and thought, "Oh, these will work!" Wrong. The crotch is so wide; it got me wondering who designed these things? An elephant?"

I went down to the Motherhood store in Kittery on Sunday thinking because it says outlet it will be cheaper. Nope---the only difference is they have clothes marked, "As Is." Meaning---they discount things that have been damaged or have flaws. I did get a dress that was marked "as is" but couldn't find anything wrong with it. Everything else is priced the same as the store that is in the mall.

I got a pair of cropped jeans that are so long for me that if I uncuff them- I have jeans for this fall and winter! All the other jeans were either too big or too small. I got a pair of black pants that are kahki like...and they were in XL! That made me feel good. I got two t-shirts, and a cute polka-dotted dress with three quarter length sleeves. I already had purchased two pairs of dress pants, a sweater and a cami. Now all I need is a few dress shirts for work and two long-sleeve knit shirts for this fall and winter.

I wore my new jeans and t-shirt on Monday, and today I am wearing my black pants and another t-shirt. Some might say that it is too early but with sitting at work all day, and the way I bloat after lunch, I find I am so uncomfortable in my regular clothes...so I am in that in between state, so I guess I would rather have clothes that are a bit too big then feel restricted.

Russ and I also started our registry! WOW! That was tough! We couldn't get over how expensive bedding is...we are going to keep looking and probably take off the one we signed up for. You would think that a crib- which uses less material then a king or queen size bed would be less expensive, right? Wrong! Everything was between $150-$200 bucks! I think in my next life I will either run a baby store or a wedding shop...everything gets marked up when you say baby or wedding. We didn't scan things like onsies and lotion...We do need to go back and add some things like a matteress...the one we scanned didn't have a price...when we got home and looked at it online- it was $200! That is too much. I must say that the best part of doing the registry was meeting the lady who helped us---she was so grandmotherly...it was sweet.

1 comment:

cmae said...

Susan told me Target is less expensive (though the one in South Portland doesn't always have a very good selection).