Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Little Stories

On Friday night, I had to go to my great aunt's wake. Well, my family is not quiet- even during wakes and funerals. I hadn't even gotten through the door, when my uncle screamed, "Well, it looks like all that fooling around finally paid off!" I was mortified!

A few moments later, my Aunt Cecile, a quiet, reserved, almost nun like person walked up to me, placed her hand on my belly and left it there while we talked for five minutes. I didn't mind because I know her but it was the first time someone has done that, so it took me by surprise a little bit.

Last night, I had one scoop of ice cream with a bit of chocolate sauce, and then I sat on the couch to watch "Chuck." Russ had gotten me my big pillow, so I was propped up on the couch. Well, our baby kicked me off and on for over half an hour! It was hilarious! I swear, I felt it on the outside, so Russ came over and left his hand in place for ten minutes or so, and our baby didn't budge. Poor guy! He was disappointed. I know it will happen soon. But it was kind of funny, because after he got up and went to the other couch, the baby started to kick again. He he he!

I wonder if the baby was kicking before when I didn't think it was---I mean, I woke up last night to the baby kicking in the middle of the night. The first time I felt it was at 3:38am...so I wonder if this baby is just more apt to being active when I am asleep...hmmmm...

2 comments:

cmae said...

I've read that unborn babies are more active at night. I don't remember where.

Kate Stoddard said...

Matthew never moved for Paul. He would go crazy for me, but as soon as Paul touched my stomach, he stopped. I think he was teasing his daddy.