Saturday, December 15, 2007

New York City


So this week, I went to NY for work. WOW! It was hard! I got up at 4am, left the house by 4:45, at the bus station at 5:15, on the bus at 6....then had to lug all my stuff through South Station to Amtrak...on the train at 9:15 and in NY City by 12:45...took a wrong turn out of Penn Station, so I took a cab to the hotel, walked to the office, saw a person hit by a car, sweating and tired at this point, arrived at the office by 2:30 soaking wet and tired...worked until 7, and got back to the hotel with very swollen ankles, feet and legs. Everywhere was hot! The office, the different modes of transportation, the hotel....so let's just say I had a repeat of the hotness at work on Thursday and at the party on Thursday night. Russ came on Thursday- just arriving as the snow, sleet and rain started.


On Friday, we started at Macy's- that place is huge! We looked at all the holiday windows. We then went to Lord and Taylor to see those holiday windows----much more traditional there. We then went to Rockefeller Center- but on the way we were going to do the Rockettes---but they only had single seats left. We saw the rock---much smaller than we thought---it looks much bigger on tv...but still very nice! We then visited The Cathedral of St. Patrick. It was a beautiful church, but very commercialized at this point. After that we went to the Museum of Natural History to see the dino bones! This is what I looked forward to the most! It was so amazing.
It was so nice to have Russ with me---I was so pooped with tired, swollen legs. We got back at 10:45 last night. I took a shower, put my feet up and so glad to be back in Maine. I love it here!


No comments: