Monday, June 9, 2008

Adjectives

One of the most commonly used words when talking about babies is "fun." Aren't babies so much fun? Isn't it just so fun? What a fun night we had! Oh, you'll have so much fun. It is just so much fun raising a baby. These comments can be both sarcastic and sincere. I remember Russ asking me, "Isn't it going to be so much fun to have a baby?" I looked at him like he was crazy, and asked him, "What is so fun about it?" I wasn't trying to be negative; I just tend to look at the things that need to get done...I am very anal...I saw how I would be up half the night, changing diapers, washing many loads of laundry...you get the idea...

Well, I have been thinking about "FUN." I think people use the word fun because there are so many adjectives to explain being a parent: rewarding, joyful, satisfactary, awesomeness (if that is a word), captivating, exilirating, exhausting, tough, constant, and so much more.

What is your adjective(s) to explain having a baby? I know for me- I can't sum it up with the word fun...but if someone asks me...Yes, it is fun having a baby. Just look at that smile--who can resist it or resist smiling back at that handsome little guy...and if you can, just look at his tummy and see if that doesn't make you smile.

1 comment:

Kate Stoddard said...

The little label over his head on his seat makes him look like he has a halo!!! Little angel.

My word is complete. Matthew makes me complete. It's a sense of fullness, and happiness, even through the exhaustion and frustration, my son is always there and can make any bad feeling go away. There's just nothing like it.