Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"I See Love In His Eyes"

Today's post is about Daddy.

This morning, Russ and I were rushing to get out the door, and Russ was putting Aiden in the carseat. He always takes the time to really look at him, and as he picked up the carseat to go out the door, he just casually said, "I see love in his eyes."

The other night, I was breastfeeding Aiden as part of his pre-bed routine. Russ came into Aiden's room to check on us and say goodnight to the baby. He just looked at us, and commented on how amazing it is that my body can grow this child and feed this child.

Russ is truly loving being a daddy, and he is doing a wonderful job at being a daddy. I am so very proud of him, and I love him so much! I look forward to his comments because he is really relishing in the moment and taking it all in.

1 comment:

Kate Stoddard said...

Russ is an amazing guy. Aiden is very lucky to have him as a dad, and YOU as a mom. You are all very blessed.