Wednesday, November 28, 2007

This Baby is a Blessing

Today I am getting filmed for a Maine Women's Heart Health video. They have asked me to share my story of my stroke and to educate women about the signs, etc. So I was going through some material they sent me, and I got thinking about how many ironies are around my due date. I hadn't actually taken out a calendar to see what the exact date of my stroke was--so I did. I had my stroke on February 20th, 2006. My due date is February 20th, 2008!

I was told I would never be able to have children because of the meds they wanted to put me on, and due to my persistance for the heart surgery- two years later---I am having a baby! I truly feel bleesed that God has given me this chance to be a mom, and to have the due date the same day I had my stroke---God has truly blessed me, and for that, I am forever grateful. Thank you God! (I am not saying I didn't think having this baby wasn't a blessing before because I did---I just feel it is even more special due to the irony.)

2 comments:

Kate Stoddard said...

Your baby is a blessing, but I feel more blessed that we still have you here. I remember what you went through with your stroke and not even knowing it was a stroke at first. I remember sitting with you at lunch and just knowing something wasn't right. . . and now when I think about what could have happened. . .life's little miracles. I can't wait to meet yours.

cmae said...

Amazing...