Thursday, October 13, 2011

Weekend Fun

This past weekend, we didn't have a lot on the calendar to do. We did have a date night for Saturday night which was wonderful. We actually did dinner AND a movie. It was wonderful! But the weather was just stunning for the Columbus holiday long weekend. We were in the high 70's with no humidity. It was nice to be able to wear tank tops and shorts one last time.

We contemplated going to the Fryeburg Fair on Sunday but was told due to the rain earlier in the week, it was packed, hot and over priced. We tossed some ideas around about what we could do that would be a fraction of the cost. This is what we decided to do:





On our way over to the playground, Eli taught us how to chase squirrels!




After playing on the playground, we picked up some yummy goodies at The Cookie Jar. We continued to go down Route 77 to Fort Williams.



I would say it was a success!!!


Tell me, what do you and your family do for frugal fun?!! Write a blog about it and link it up below!

2 comments:

Lissa914us said...

I will for you and not sure when I'll get it up because I'm at a behavior workshop all day tomorrow and the Maine Autism Conference on Saturday. But I've been needing a subject as I'm getting "blogged out".

Mindi and Adrian said...

I love Ft Williams...so nice there. We use to go with my grand mom as kids because it was free. Here in the DC area we have a ton of free museums and the zoo is free too. Our favorite cheap thing to do is take a walk and bring the boys to the playground. Xander still isn't into feeding the ducks- he gets annoyed and wants to eat the bread. :)