Friday, August 5, 2011

The Aiden That Is...

About a month ago, I took Aiden to a small lake about 45 minutes away. We had an absolute blast! He and I got to spend a ton of one-on-one time together. The best part- a glimpse into the child that I know is ours and will be again. He was so good, so focused, so wonderful. Now- don't get me wrong- Aiden is a wonderful child but when you are constantly refocusing and recorrecting- you begin to feel weathered and tired.

I came home for the lake ecstatic! I couldn't stop talking about all the things Aiden dared to do! He also errs on the side of caution. He dared to put his face in the water, kick, blow bubbles, even dunk his head under! It was a wonderful, wonderful day.

Yesterday, I took Aiden to the school CDS has enrolled him in. I was on the brink of tears the entire time. It felt so good- so right. We are so excited to see more and more glimpses of the Aiden we know is there...

We know it will take time

We know it will take work

We know it will be awesome to watch

We feel very blessed to have the support we get from our family and friends...and now this new school.

So excited!!!!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I had tears in my eyes as I read this... but I was on my phone. I am so sorry that I forgot to come back and comment earlier!

I am THRILLED that the school is such a good fit.
I love that you had that time together! To rediscover the joy of all that he is, without having to worry about redirecting or anything for a few hours....

*hugs*

Denise said...

Thank you Meredith! :-)