Tuesday, April 12, 2011

More Sponge Proof

Aiden is obsessed with this book:



We went to the library on Saturday to see if it was available. It was not, so instead, we got two other books by the same author. He proceeded to rip one of them up on Sunday am...but my point is this. All he kept asking for was, "Moose, muffin." (I had purchased it on Amazon but it hadn't come in yet and other similar books were being used as brides to poop on the potty. Apparently only Moose, Muffin holds some weight with him.)

Anyways, he wouldn't stop asking for it, even when I explained over and over again that we have to share books and that someone else was reading it. I got so frustrated with him, I asked him to drop it!

Well, I used that phrase again apparently, and later in the day when I asked him what I said, (expecting him to say that he had to share) he responded, "Drop it!"

Currently, he says, "Moose, muffin. Drop it." Not just once, but over and over again. Thank goodness I didn't say anything else. I am anxious for him to use it in the right context when I ask about something else. Then I can laugh at myself for teaching him this new phrase, right???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not sure it is poop worthy, but I agree with Aiden that it is an awesome book.

Tamara said...

Caylie has been giving kisses with her mouth wide open, covering all of us with saliva. So whenever she kisses Mike, he always says, "keep your mouth shut." Caylie was playing with her dolls yesterday and I heard her say, "No baby. I SAID, keep your mouth shut!!" I can't wait till she says that out of context at nursery school!