Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Month of November

In terms of the little one's progress, all was well. The little one was making lots of movement which I didn't have with Aiden, and now as we enter into December, as I settle in for the night, the baby wakes up and makes my whole belly shake and bump!

Aiden, on the other hand, had a very big month of change! He was sick for over two weeks with a strange virus, which we thought was the swine flu. Thankfully, he didn't have it but whatever he had, sure didn't make him feel well at all! We removed Aiden from daycare because of the scare, as well as for many other reasons: me having to go on Tamiflu, the amount of time we lost from work (Russ now has only a few days off to be with me after the new baby arrives), and many other reasons which I do not care to share on this public blog. Due to him being home, we were able to keep up his routine with the help of his Grammy coming in from Florida. She took care of him for over week which was a tremendous amount of help. My mom also left her job early, and Aiden is now being cared for by Memere 5 days a week.

He has been coping with the change rather well. We were really nervous. I know he misses seeing kids everyday, and I feel really bad about that, but we are working on some playdates and playgroups. We will get it worked into his life because we believe socialization is very important.

As Christmas approaches, Aiden is noticing all the lights! I can't wait for Christmas this year! I always enjoy Christmas, but Aiden has brought magic and awe back! Awesome!

No comments: