Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sleeping Patterns

So, as adults, we all enjoy going to bed and not waking up to an alarm clock or to an agenda. But, when you become parents, your alarm clock becomes your child which doesn't have a snooze button or an internal understanding that it is a weekend and you want to get another hour of sleep. Then there is the sleep you get when you are pregnant which is very easy to explain- it is the type of sleep that prepares you for having a child. You have to pee three times a night, you can't find a comfortable position to sleep in, and as you get further along, insomnia kicks in.

Well, in my current situation, I have a child and I am pregnant. Just imagine my delight when Aiden decided that he didn't want to sleep from midnight to four am last night! What a way to end a great long weekend before my work week started.

Can't wait to get some zzzz's when I am in the hospital where I will ask that I don't get visitors and my baby sleeps in the nursery. Oh wait- if I am in the hospital- they will be sure to get my vitals every few hours. Crap! I am shit out of luck!

No comments: