Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Other "Children"

When I was pregnant for Aiden, I seriously neglected our dogs, Tugs and Tanner. Well, I take that back. It wasn't true neglect, but they didn't get walked as much, and I didn't groom them enough. Then we had Aiden. I still didn't groom them enough or walk them. What is going to happen when I have another baby?


(Please note: I consider dressing up my dogs silly. These were gifts, so we thought we better do it and take a picture. And of course, this is the only one I can find on my computer at the moment.)

Well, last night I groomed Tugs. This poor dog had so much hair, and it has been 90 degrees outside. I had to do it even though it sucked all the life out of me. His nails are so long, I could paint them and grown women would be jealous of how long and strong they are! Just kidding. But you get my point.

I am seriously going to have to give myself a kick in the butt---well, I can't reach, maybe Russ can, and he and I can work on giving them some grooming attention and some walking time each week. Poor little doggies. They are my first kids...and I feel I have left them on the wayside.

2 comments:

Kada said...

I can sympathise with the dogs! I'm currently at that point postpartum where all the hair that didn't fall out during pregnancy is now coming out in buckets! UGH! Thankfully I got a super short hair cut the other week.

My mum got Kiddlywink a bib that says "I replaced the dog" I laughed, but felt guilty at the same time.

Allison said...

I wish I lived closer. I would take them for a walk everynight with the Murph monster.