Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Crying It Out- Night One

When Aiden was in his ninth month, he started to sleep through the night, so his need for nursing was minimal. We thought that it would be a good time to get him sleeping back in his crib. After a week of letting him cry it out, there was no improvement of his ability to go down or a shorter crying period...instead, the nights just got worse!

Well, here Aiden is at almost a year old---only 15 more days to go (holy cow---he is almost one!), and we decided now is the time. We know he can go through the night without a bottle, and he is pretty much weaned from me. So....last night, was our first night. I stayed out of the process entirely except to be Russ' support. We thought it would be best for me to not be involved because we weren't sure if that would be harder for Aiden to have me going in to comfort him---not sure if that would confuse him or not...since I am typically the "boob." Aiden will only sleep for me if I pacify him...he will sleep on Daddy's shoulder or belly without a bottle or boob. Hence our decision.

Well, after about an hour...he went down. He ended up using a blanket as a pillow---I know, I know...not the safest...

He slept for 8 hours straight! Woo Hoo!

Let's see what tonight brings!

2 comments:

Shana Eberhard said...

Yeah! Isn't it a wonderful feeling! Ella is working on putting herself to sleep too, she's doing really well, finally no more walking the halls!

Denise said...

Shana, Ella is bitty. My little guy is almost a year! I am so jealous!