Thursday, November 20, 2008

Party- 3AM!

Well, it didn't start at 3 AM but I think it lasted past 3AM. I am not sure at this point. We are going to try the cry it out method. It is drastic but here it is 9 months now, and he continues to wake up numerous times in the night and demands us. WE ARE TIRED! We can't keep doing this. We have to try something. I am not functioning well, and I don't think Russ is at his prime either. I was so tired last and getting so angry. That isn't good. Then I just broke down and cried.

Parenting is hard but it is so much harder at 1:50 in the morning with your son looking up at you and smiling and wanting to play when all you want to do it go back to sleep because you are so tired. And the thing is...I think if this had happened on Monday night, I would feel differently. As the work week goes on, the more tired I get.

4 comments:

Shana Eberhard said...

You can do it! i did the cry out thing with Riley at 4 months and she's been a great sleeper ever since. It wasn't until 9 months though when she slept completely through the night. Good luck and remember that in the end it's worth all the crying!

Kate Stoddard said...

You've got to let him cry. It's so heartbreaking, but sometimes it's the only way. Do you use white noise in his room? Sometimes that helps.

meredith said...

Hey honey... I understand completely. We were so there. We didn't do it until after Stephen was a year old but he has been a FABULOUS sleeper ever since.

It's horrible, and terrible, but he will wake up and still hug you and smile at you and love you. *hugs* And he will learn how to sleep!

Monique said...

You can do it!! You're such a good mom. :)
And remember, I'm available to babysit anytime!