Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm The Mommy!

Why should I be intimidated of my daycare provider? I pay her to take care of my son? Yet, I am hesitant to speak up to her. She intimidates me. She shouldn't. He is my son. See my pattern?? I have to keep reminding myself to get over this fear and stand up! Yet, it still scares the bejeepers out of me.
Yesterday, she gave Aiden two oyster crackers and a sippy cup. Yeah, it may not seem like a big deal but to me it is. I hadn't okayed either of those things.
I really struggle with the fact that I have to leave him at daycare as well as the fact that I miss out on so many things. For those of you that are thinking, "Well, you get to see him in the morning and evening and on the weekends." For those of you thinking that- go to hell. Sorry to be rude but really, it isn't comforting to know that I essentially only get to see him for 1.5 hours in the am (in between showering, getting dressed, etc) and for 1.5 to 2.5 hours of awake time in the evening. So at the most during the week, I see him for 4 hours out of 24 hours. So FREAKING sad to me!
Anyways, I am his mom, and I would like to feel a bit of control over some of his firsts since I will miss a lot of them. One is his food. Sippy cups can encourage weaning...I have worked too damn hard to have him weaned...I am with him weaning himself but not for it to be forced up on because he was being difficult at the bottle. I am not completely hung up on organic but oyster crackers have a lot of salt...and I am afraid of choking. I am being a bit of a hung strung first time mom---just for this once, okay?! I am not completely comfortable, and I would like to be comfortable or somewhat comfortable with it before I send him off with food for someone else to monitor until I a bit comfortable...
Anyways, I did speak with my daycare provider this am. She knew exactly what I was going to say. I was direct and honest. The kicker is, she said to me that she knew I would be upset. So why did she do it then without asking me? Apparently because he wanted it. I guess that is another fish to fry.
Did I say yet that I would rather be home with my son?

No comments: