Thursday, September 18, 2008

Oh (groan) What a Night! (Groan Again!)

Okay---so lucky me got my period yesterday along with a migrane, and Aiden wouldn't sleep all afternoon while I am suppose to be working from home...he finally went down around 5 and only stayed down for about 30 minutes. All in all- only 2.5 hours of naptime all day. He usually gets 4 or 5 hours. It made for a complicated afternoon. I am finding it harder to work at home because he needs to be more entertained...he will stay at something for just a short period and then he has had enough.

I got him to bed around 8---but he was back up again at 8:10! Let the evening begin. He was up every hour. I slept for about three hours while Russ tended to Aiden...but after 11:30- I was up with him. Aiden nursed almost every time...and around 3:30 this morning, I decided that I was going to go to the livingroom and nurse him there (since he was wide awake) so Russ could get some sleep. I didn't make it down the stairs very well. I fell down! With Aiden in my arms! HOLY CRAP! I was so scared. I am not sure if I missed the last two or three or four steps. Some how I managed to hold him and he didn't hit anything. But me---ouch! I am a hurting unit. Needless to say, I am not sure what time I feel back asleep but to top it all off, both dogs decided to sleep on my hurt leg and I had Aiden attached to me, and I had cramps throughout my body due to my period. Can I go home now?

Enough of my whining! I am just thankful Aiden didn't get hurt~!

3 comments:

meredith said...

oh my gosh..., that has happened to me before... And Stephen didn't get hurt either, but OUCH!!! I am so sorry hon... hopefully your little guy will sleep better tonight. *hugs*

cmae said...

Oh honey!! What a terrible night! But yes at least Aiden wasn't hurt - poor Mommy!!

Kate Stoddard said...

It's happened to me too. I think it's a mommy thing. We instinctively protect our little ones while having total disregard for what we do to ourselves. I have a jacuzzi tub if you're interested. Love you!!