Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Eli's Speech Journey

I could type for days about how both of my children have had speech delays and how much work and devotion it is to get words to come out.  But sometimes, your kids surprise you!

Elijah loves Signing Time!  Plus, he loves music.  One thing I have learned with all of my therapy sessions with Eli is that using music can significantly help a child hold onto words.

Eli is now piecing two to three words together.  He is mostly putting things like together, "Daddy got it."  We are working on replacing it with the noun, but it makes my heart sing when a new word is said or when he started doing this:

He loves Colors of the Rainbow by Rachel Coleman in The Signing Time series.  Here he is saying all of the colors of the rainbow.  I rather talk about his accomplishments today...because I think it is a big deal!!!  Good job, little man!  Good job!!!

xoxox

3 comments:

Russ Dyer said...

I love you Elijah! What a smart boy. His speech is coming along so well. Both kids have made such improvements over the last few months and it's wonderful. I love you guys!

Mom of 12 said...

Such an awesome boy!
Sandy

Mom of 12 said...

Time for a new post!
Sandy