Friday, August 6, 2010

Sleep Upsets

For Russ' birthday, we went out on a date night- no kids- just us. It was lovely. When we got home, Aiden was still up at 9:15 at night. It happens. He didn't want to go to bed- he freaked out- he wanted to play with the 10 year old that was with her mom watching the kids. I don't blame him. Well, with that and with the fact that he has been getting time outs and being sent to his room, we now have a problem on our hands. He won't go to bed! This is a kid that really never gives us an issue when it comes to bedtime. We can put him to bed before he is ready with a few books to boot, and he will sit quietly in his crib for an hour before dozing off. Now, he screams, hollar and freaks out. Oh- and he only seems to love his mom at bedtime now. No daddy- just mommy. This has been quite difficult for me since I still can't seem to adjust to having no time for myself in the evening to go for a walk or anything.

Last night, he was ready for bed- it was 9:30...so one book, a few minutes of rocking and no problem. But I will not have a child that goes to bed this late. I can't take it and it won't happen. Time will heal this, right?

No comments: