Thursday, October 29, 2009

Elmo!

On Tuesday, October 27th, Aiden said his first word (excluding Mom and Dad). He actually just started saying momma actively last week. Every morning when Russ and I are getting ready for work, we get Aiden changed, give him a sippy cup of milk, and put on either Elmo or Baby Signing Time. He, of course, has strong feelings about what he is going to watch. He will either sign baby or "raise the roof" for Elmo. I asked him what he wanted to watch, and he said outloud, "Mom, Elmo!" It was as clear as day! I was so excited! I proclaimed my excitement, Russ came running in, and Aiden proceeded to clam up. He would not say a word for his daddy.

People say it is a curse once they start talking because then they do not stop. Well, for right now, I am looking forward to this! :-) Don't quote me on that.

No comments: